Monday, December 17, 2012

Pecan Butter Balls...

Just back from Pinterest (yes, it's one of my favorite indulgences right now!) with a new recipe that I just made as gifts for my neighbors. Once again I'm combining Pinterest with Pecans. You can check out this recipe over at All Recipes where you can actually print out the recipe in 3x5, 4x6, or full page format.  Here's how this scrumptious recipe goes:

Pecan Butter Balls
Ingredients:
2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
1/4 Cup White Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 Cup Margarine
*2 Cups Chopped Pecans
1/3 Cup Confectioners' Sugar for decoration

Instructions:
1. Sift together into a medium bowl the flour, sugar and vanilla. Work in the margarine with a spoon or hands until well blended. Add chopped pecans and mis well.

2. Shaped dough into 1 inch balls and put on ungreased pans. Bake in a preheated 325 degree F oven for about 25 minutes or until pale brown. When slightly cool roll or shake in confectioners' sugar. Store in an air tight container.

*Next time I will only put about 1 to 1 1/2 cups of chopped pecans. Two cups was a little much for me. Personal preference.

No comments:

Post a Comment