Friday, March 15, 2013

Dish Towel Cake...

The winds of change are blowing this weekend. Instead of a baby shower I'm going to a bridal shower on Saturday. So today I tried out a new pattern. Can you keep it a secret? I'm actually showing the gift before I give it away.

Gone are the washcloth pea pods and diaper bouquets and in it's place is the Dish Towel Cake.

Now this is the pattern I semi-followed (I left room for some creativity) taken from The Cottage Home...
(picture courtesy of The Cottage Home)

And here's my creation...
The initials on the front were an idea from a different towel cake that I had seen. 

Unfortunately I couldn't find a glass pie plate that I wanted to use so I bought a square cake pan instead. She'll need one of those too. Hopefully someone else will get her a pie plate.

I also took a picture of the back...
The bottom layer is made up of eight dishtowels, rolled, pinned closed, and setting up on one end. I then wrapped a ribbon around them to group them together. Then the last four dishtowels I rolled and wrapped with a ribbon. Then I stuck in an assortment of kitchen utensils. 

Makes me want to get married all over again to get one of these gifts! Too cute and way too much fun to make. This one took a whopping 20 minutes. I think I shopped longer than it took me to put it together.

Happy creating!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Great job! I like the fullness of your version.

    ReplyDelete