Well, my kids and I had quite an interesting conversation today before nap time. You see, I had read about 21 questions to ask your kids over at Hey, Ho, Kelly Go and I thought I'd give it a try.
First, let me introduce you to Michael...
This is Melody...
Now that you have been introduced to the participants, here we go with the answers to their questions:
1. What is something Mommy always says to you? (Oh, this should be good!)
Michael: "No" and "Yes"
2. What makes Mommy happy? (Hmmm...coffee? a pedicure?)
Michael: my obeying
Melody: to obey
3. What makes Mommy sad?
Michael: When I don't obey
(And here I thought they didn't understand about obedience...silly me!)
4. How does Mommy make you laugh?
Michael: Making funny faces and tickling me
Melody: tickling me
5. What was Mommy like as a child?
(No, really, they are all their Daddy!)
6. How old is Mommy? (Really?)
(I just LOVE these kids!)
7. How tall is Mommy? (At least it doesn't ask them how much I weigh)
Michael: This tall (One hand at top of his head while the other is at his knees)
Melody: This tall (Standing on the couch reaching up as high as she can)
8. What is Mommy's favorite thing to do?
Michael: Clean up and do school
Melody: To clean
9. What does Mommy do when you're not around?
Michael: Have time with Daddy
Melody: Sit with Daddy
(That may just be my favoritest thing to do!)
10. If Mommy becomes famous, what will it be for?
Michael: Bath time
Melody: Bath time
(I give a mean bath!)
11. What is Mommy really good at?
Michael: Buying stuff for us
(Why, yes...yes, I am.)
12. What is Mommy not very good at?
Melody: Nothing. You're good at everything
(huh...interesting. Can you tell which one was my favorite child by this point?)
13. What does Mommy do for her job?
Michael: Working on the computer and doing school with us
Melody: Cleaning up
(What's with the cleaning?)
14. What is Mommy's favorite food?
Michael: All foods! (He stated this rather emphatically, making a huge circle motion with his arms for "ALL" foods)
Melody: Macaroni & Cheese
15. What makes you proud of Mommy?
Michael: When she takes us to recess
Melody: When she's happy when I obey
16. If Mommy were a cartoon character, who would she me?
(What can I say? It's their favorite cartoon right now....and favorite phrase, "You broke my smolder!")
17. What do you and Mommy do together?
Michael: Spend time playing
Melody: Going walking and riding our bikes together
18. How are you and Mommy the same?
Michael: We're from the same family
Melody: God made us
19. How are you and Mommy different?
Michael: I'm a boy and you're a girl
Melody: You're big and I'm little
20. How do you know Mommy loves you?
Michael: You say "I Love You" & you play football with me
Melody: You give me hugs
21. Where is Mommy's favorite place to go?
Michael: Texas Roadhouse (Well, he did say I liked ALL foods!)
Melody: Star...star...you know, Mommy, the coffee place. Starbucks? I say. Yes, Starbucks!
(Wow! Never saw that answer coming.)
Needless to say, I thought their answers most enlightening. Hope you had a good laugh like I did. Happy Thursday!