Thursday, April 25, 2013

21 Questions I Asked My Kids...

Well, my kids and I had quite an interesting conversation today before nap time. You see, I had read about 21 questions to ask your kids over at Hey, Ho, Kelly Go and I thought I'd give it a try.

First, let me introduce you to Michael...
He's almost five and loves being Spiderman, Captain America, or a cowboy in no particular order and at any given moment.

This is Melody...
She's three and loves everything about being a "Pincence"...that's princess for those of you who don't speak "three year old" fluently. Other favorite things include having her nails painted and wearing her Tangled or Captain America Girl outfit.

Now that you have been introduced to the participants, here we go with the answers to their questions:

1.  What is something Mommy always says to you? (Oh, this should be good!)
     Michael:  "No" and "Yes"
     Melody:  "Obey!"

2.  What makes Mommy happy? (Hmmm...coffee? a pedicure?)
     Michael:  my obeying
     Melody: to obey
    (Smart kids!!)

3.  What makes Mommy sad?
     Michael:  When I don't obey
     Melody: Disobeying
    (And here I thought they didn't understand about obedience...silly me!)

4.  How does Mommy make you laugh?
     Michael: Making funny faces and tickling me
     Melody: tickling me

5.  What was Mommy like as a child?
     Michael: Me
     Melody: Me
     (No, really, they are all their Daddy!)

6.  How old is Mommy?  (Really?)
     Michael: 24
     Melody: 25
     (I just LOVE these kids!)

7.  How tall is Mommy? (At least it doesn't ask them how much I weigh)
     Michael: This tall (One hand at top of his head while the other is at his knees)
     Melody:  This tall (Standing on the couch reaching up as high as she can)
     (Awesome)

8.  What is Mommy's favorite thing to do?
     Michael: Clean up and do school
     Melody: To clean
     (I do?!?!?!)

9.  What does Mommy do when you're not around?
     Michael: Have time with Daddy
     Melody: Sit with Daddy
     (That may just be my favoritest thing to do!)

10.  If Mommy becomes famous, what will it be for?
     Michael:  Bath time
     Melody:  Bath time
     (I give a mean bath!)

11.  What is Mommy really good at?
     Michael:  Buying stuff for us
     Melody:  Shopping
     (Why, yes...yes, I am.)

12.  What is Mommy not very good at?
     Michael:  Forgetting
     Melody: Nothing. You're good at everything
     (huh...interesting. Can you tell which one was my favorite child by this point?)

13.  What does Mommy do for her job?
     Michael: Working on the computer and doing school with us
     Melody:  Cleaning up
     (What's with the cleaning?)

14.  What is Mommy's favorite food?
     Michael: All foods! (He stated this rather emphatically, making a huge circle motion with his arms     for "ALL" foods)
     Melody:  Macaroni & Cheese

15.  What makes you proud of Mommy?
     Michael: When she takes us to recess
     Melody: When she's happy when I obey

16.  If Mommy were a cartoon character, who would she me?
     Michael: Tangled
     Melody: Tangled
     (What can I say? It's their favorite cartoon right now....and favorite phrase, "You broke my smolder!")

17.  What do you and Mommy do together?
     Michael: Spend time playing
     Melody: Going walking and riding our bikes together

18.  How are you and Mommy the same?
     Michael: We're from the same family
     Melody: God made us

19.  How are you and Mommy different?
     Michael: I'm a boy and you're a girl
     Melody:  You're big and I'm little

20.   How do you know Mommy loves you?
     Michael: You say "I Love You" & you play football with me
     Melody: You give me hugs

21.  Where is Mommy's favorite place to go?
     Michael: Texas Roadhouse (Well, he did say I liked ALL foods!)
     Melody: Star...star...you know, Mommy, the coffee place. Starbucks? I say. Yes, Starbucks!
    (Wow! Never saw that answer coming.)

Needless to say, I thought their answers most enlightening. Hope you had a good laugh like I did. Happy Thursday!


3 comments:

  1. I think this is very cute when they're little. I would not dare ask my children these questions now! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Mom asked me if she should ask my sister and me these questions...but then quickly added she had thought better of it! I'm going to look for more to do with them. They really seemed to enjoy doing this. And I enjoyed seeing how their little minds work. :)

    ReplyDelete