Friday, April 26, 2013

Love Notes...

For the last few days I've been preparing for a devotional that I'm giving at a bridal shower this weekend. The bride-to-be is actually a young lady I babysat when she was little...then taught not only in high school but piano lessons after school. I feel bittersweet at this time: happy she is getting married and sad that I feel so very, very old.

Was it really necessary to rub in the "oldness" fact with having me share some Biblical wisdom from my own seven years of marriage?

Wait...Seven years?!?!

Seriously, though, I am happy to be able to share in such a happy time for her. She helped at my wedding and now my children will be in hers. Weird how things like that happen.

But back to the devotional...

I found this awesome object lesson that I will be doing using the recipe for a pie. One of the points is adding the spice, or romance, to your marriage by doing little things for your spouse. Without the "spice", marriage is dull. I found this quote while studying that does a great job at describing the work we need to do to keep that spice in our marriage...

The Marriage Box
Most people get married believing in a myth that marriage is a beautiful box 
full of all the things they have longed for: companionship, intimacy, friendship, etc. 
The truth is that marriage at the start is an empty box.
 You much put something in before you can take anything out.
 There is no love in marriage. Love is in people. And people put love in marriage. 
There is no romance in marriage. You have to infuse it into your marriage. 
A couple must learn the art and form the habit of giving, loving, serving, praising...keeping the box full. If you take out more than you put in, the box will be empty.

The "spice" that you add can really be simple things, like saying "I Love You" frequently, doing date nights, or simply writing a love note.

I'm really wanting to work on giving more love notes to my hubby. So I started researching online for cute little printables that would be easy to print off, write a cute little note, and hide it in something that my hubby takes to work.

I'd like to be an encouragement to you, that you would do the same. Here are a few links to some cute notes that I've found and printed off on card stock. Simply add your note and send it on it's way.

Free Valentine Note Cards from Jones Design Company:
Project Life Printables from One Velvet Morning:
Free Valentine's Printables from The Design Confidential:
Printable Love Notes from Silver Box Creative:
Printable Love Letter from Magpie Paperworks:

Most of them you will notice are Valentine's Day printables but who says that Valentine's Day can only be on February 14th? Why not make it 365 days a year. Sound good to me! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment