Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Busy Little Bees...

If you've been wondering where I've been my sincerest apologies. It seems last week was like the craziest week. First, there was the end of the school year with awards and graduation for which my sister and I were the pianist/organists. That meant being at all practices and the actual service.

Next came my birthday. Once again I turned 29, for the fourth year in a row! Hurrah for me! So here's a pic with my Dear Hubby after we had just celebrated with cake and ice cream...
We also celebrated our 7th anniversary from when he flew out here to Alabama from Texas to meet me for the first time. Awww...so sweet!

Then came my son's birthday...
He turned a whopping five years old. Kindergarten here we come!! We went to Chuck E. Cheese, per his request, and toted Spiderman cupcakes to eat after pizza. Yum!!

The very next day both my children and my niece were in a wedding of some very dear friends...
My sister was the photographer and I played her associate by running around behind the scenes snapping all kinds of fun pictures. I'll be posting more about those later since I used my new camera...and the ceremony was beautiful!

Sunday was church and on Monday, which was Memorial Day, our church held a picnic down at the Tennessee River....

Some of the men manned two huge grills and came out with some of the most delicious chicken wings I've ever eaten...
...and then, totally going against my low-carb diet, I downed the world's best sweet tea..
It was all the things I love about the south all rolled up into four hours of horseshoes, volleyball, wading in the water, singing, and eating. Awesome.

So for the last week I've been lucky to get my laundry done so we could have clean clothes. Since we finally have some down time I'm into cleaning out and straightening up. Posts may be a tad sporadic for a few days...but I'm still here, still shopping, still couponing, still crafting, and still Simply Being Kari.

If you'd like to check out all the pictures from each of these events mentioned here, head on over to our family website at Just the Three of Us: The Smiths.

No comments:

Post a Comment