Saturday, May 18, 2013

DIY Glass Pedestal Bowls...

A few months ago my Mom found several glass platters and glasses at thrift stores and making our own DIY cake plates. It was super fun and we have found that we use my Mom's at least two to three times a week.

This weekend my sister and I were out stopping at garage sales in our area when we spotted a sign for an estate sale. When we pulled up into the driveway I felt like we had stepped into another world...from the 1920's! We were surrounded by shabby chic furniture and accessories. It was heaven! *sigh*

We ended up walking away with two different glass bowls and two different "pedestals" that we could use to make our own DIY Pedestal Bowls.

This set was mine...
...and this set was my sister's...
After applying silicone gel and attaching the bases to the bowls the finished products were adorable!!

Mine...
and hers...

All for less than $4 each! How classy these will be at a buffet dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment