Monday, July 22, 2013

Low-Carb Chocolate Mousse...

After my last post I haven't wanted to do much of anything...let alone take pictures of anything or anybody. The prenatal pills my doctor prescribed have had me craving food and sleep, in that order.

Unfortunately, it's more food than sleep. It's so very, very sad.

Needless to say I am ready for this first trimester to be over with soon and it will be, too. Only three more weeks to go!!

So in all my battling between wanting to eat and trying to stick to the gestational diabetes food diet to not gain weight, I've been frantically searching through the internet for anything connected to low-carb and chocolate.

The recipe I'm about to share with you I've already made twice and have declared this "winner, winner, chicken dinner!!"

If you're able to give it a try please come back and let me know how you liked it! Enjoy...I know I have been!

Low-Carb Chocolate Mousse
What You Will Need:
1 packet Knox Gelatine
1/4 cup cold water
1/4 cup boiling water
2 cups whipping cream
1/3 cup cocoa
1 Tbsp vanilla
3/4 cup Splenda (or Stevia)

What You Will Do:
  • In a small bowl, sprinkle the gelatine over the cold water and let soften for 10 minutes.
  • Once the gelatine is softened, pour 1/4 cup boiling water over the gelatine and stir until completely dissolved. Note: if powdered gelatine isn't available where you live, soften enough gelatine to gel 2 cups of liquid.
  • Combine Splenda and cocoa in a mixing bowl.
  • Add whipping cream and vanilla and whip until stiff peaks form.
  • Slowly add the gelatine mixture to the cream mixture, beating thoroughly.
  • Pour into serving dishes, garnish with chocolate curls and chill.
I didn't know what Knox Gelatine looked like so I took a picture of what I found at the store...
You can find this in the aisle where the packets for pudding are at.

To find out nutritional information everything is listed at the bottom of the recipe HERE at Low Carb Slow Carb.

No comments:

Post a Comment