Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Confused State of Mind...

You would think that after last week, things would calm down to a dull roar around here.

Wrong!

Since I spent the last of May and the first three weeks of June getting my entire house cleaned out, I have now set my sights on our vehicles. There's nothing like vacuuming and scrubbing outdoors in almost 100 degree weather and 100 percent humidity to make one rethink living in the south. My hair looked like I had gotten a perm. Not the cute curly perm but the frizzy kind from the eighties.

So as I've been whipping our lives into shape once again, whether it be getting the house back in order or our cars thoroughly cleaned, I've found myself asking several questions that I really have no answer to. If you could help with some form of an answer I'd be most appreciative.

I'll start with something easy. Like, How does one clean a triangular soaker tub?
Bet you never saw that one coming.

Seriously, though, I find myself in a conundrum. We don't use it very often (rarely would be a better word) but it is the biggest dust collector in my house. So on cleaning days I transform from Awesome Mom into Human Teeter-Totter.

Don't laugh. I've tried standing inside the tub while I scrub it down but the feel of Scrubbing Bubbles on my feet is just gross. And the mess soapy feet leave on the bathroom floor is just not worth it.

The only way I could think of to be as efficient as possible was to lay on my stomach on the side of the tub and hand-walk my way to the farthest side to begin scrubbing. However, there have been a few times where I've almost face planted into the bottom. If Scrubbing Bubbles on my feet is unappealing imagine what I would feel like with it on my face.

Does anyone, Anyone have a better way to clean this...this thing?

Secondly, I would like to ask: How is it only Mom sees the messes everywhere?

After spending my last two afternoons sucking up lost french fries, multiple crayons, and misplaced Legos (not even counting the squashed skittle that was almost permanently imbedded in the carpet) I begin to ask if I am seriously the only one who sees the...the junk! I even found a marble rolling around and I wondered if it was one that I had lost...mentally.

Do I secretly have a superpower? Because honestly it seems like I'm the only one who sees messes where no one else does. I'm this close to banning food, toys, papers, and crayons from even entering the doors of my van; but that's a little hard with three young kids.

Don't feel bad if you don't have any advice on how to deal with this question. Maybe you have the same problem. All I can say is, You're not alone. We'll commisserate about our superpower together.

My last question may not have an solution either: How is it when you start cleaning one thing, you see five other things that need to be cleaned as well?

I feel that cleaning is like opening Pandora's Box: there are multiple things that can happen and none of them are good. If you were to google the phrase Pandora's Box, you would find that it's defined as a process that generates many complicated problems as the result of unwise interference in something.

It's always nice to have things cleaned out and scrubbed thoroughly; but really...is cleaning the unwise intereference that generates many complicated problems?

Feels like it. For every one thing I clean, there are five more dirty things there to replace it.

What to do! Any advice? I sure could use some!

Simply Befuddled,

2 comments:

  1. Yes, Kari, I am in agreement that moms are the ONLY ones who see messes. It is most unfortunate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It doesn’t change when they get older either. The messes just get bigger, but I’m still the only one that sees them.

    ReplyDelete