Monday, June 27, 2022

Summer...

 Ahhh...the lazy days of summer. No school, no rush, no place to be. The schedule is lighter and everyone is able to take a breather.

I found my cat the other day, stretched out on my daughter's bed, soaking up the afternoon sun as it filtered through the blinds in her room. I thought, Wow! This cat knows how to take a nap!

A second later her head popped up...

Hey, I heard you takin' my picture.

So my cat is enjoying being able to freely roam the house while my kids are enjoying being able to sleep in and not doing homework. Hopefully by the time August rolls around they'll be slightly ready to go back.

Probably not.

Oh, and I have exciting news. My oldest made the cover of Time magazine as the person of the year...
Just kidding. His geeky character for our VBS skit this year is actually the one who made the very fictional cover of Time magazine.

I loved the photo so much I requested a copy to blow up and post everywhere. Like seriously, look...my kid is the Person of the Year! Now excuse me while I go knock him upside the head for ruining the moment by doing something dumb.

As for me, I'm enjoying sleeping in, drinking my coffee at my own pace, and reading a book whenever I feel like it. Gotta' love summer!

Simply Chillin' Out,

3 comments:

  1. 🤣 He did a great job in the skit! Enjoy your summer break! You have definitely earned it❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m not getting to the lazy part of summer yet, but I do remember them from school days. Enjoy! —Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! He did do a great job in the skit!!

    ReplyDelete