Monday, July 11, 2022

Junk...

I just want to show you what my life has been like this last week...
By itself it looks like just a picture of my garbage. Even my Dear Hubby was like Why do you have a picture of our garbage on your phone?

Let me give you a bit of context: this was the pile the day after our garbage had already been picked up. And no, I did not forget to put it out. Normally our weekly haul is less than half of what's pictured here.

The garbage men are really going to love me this week, because by the time they come by, there's going to be so. much. more.

I have been one busy mama: cleaning out, getting rid of, throwing away, selling off (not any of my children so don't panic)...taking trips to the thrift store drop off. With everything we've gotten rid of I can safely say our local thrift store has now doubled their inventory. My daughter now wants to know when we're going to Goodwill to do some shopping.

Um...we are NOT replacing what we just got rid of.

My youngest has graduated from size ten to size twelve. Switching out all of those clothes is like opening pandora's box. Pull out everything from dresser drawers and the closet only to spend the next two hours cleaning out everything else inside the closet and dresser. Go to the garage to pull out the totes with the next size up, spend the next two hours rearranging all the other totes and picking up all kinds of trash and empty boxes...in the wonderful Alabama heat and humidity.

I feel like my house has breathed a sigh of relief with all the junk gone, and I love the decluttered look!

So...big plans for this next week. My kids are gearing up for camp and we're into making sure every single room will be completely cleaned before they go. 

Then this mama is gonna' sit back and enjoy a sparkling, clean house.

Now here's my challenge to you (and I make it easy by giving two options): either find one closet to clean out and reorganize this week OR find ten things to drop off at the thrift store by next Monday. You could even combine the two by getting rid of ten items after you clean out one closet. (I had six 13-gallon garbage bags of close to get rid of!!) If you complete the task, be sure to come back and let me know in the comments below.

For a sneak peak, I'm already working on a second challenge...something to do with the kitchen counters. 

Until then...

Simply Cleaning Out,

7 comments:

  1. Way ahead of you! With selling the home we’ve been cleaning out so. Much. Stuff. I also love the decluttered look although, with having to keep the house “show ready”, we’ve gotten almost sterile in our look. Lol At any rate, I’m determined we will not be replacing most things after we move! —Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After looking at all this stuff, sterile sounds really good right now! :) Praying your house sells fast!

      Delete
  2. Love it!! Not sure I can do as much as you right now, but I did get the kids’ closets and dressers cleared out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's perfect!! Now you know what you have!

      Delete
  3. We have been cleaning out also because we’re doing a complete master bathroom renovation which included my master walk-in closet and bathroom linen closet. We have had to pack up everything in there, so we did a huge purge. So many items in the bathroom cabinets and closets that we weren’t using. We also made several trips to the thrift store and did some giveaways!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! And you get a new bathroom in the end!

      Delete
  4. I love it. I just had my guest bath totally remodeled and one spare bedroom totally cleaned out and repainted. Next on the list is a total remake on the master bath and closet. Can't wait. Until this past April I was throwing out or giving to 25 items a month. Did that for a whole year. I am sure when the construction crew starts working on the master closet I will find so much more.

    ReplyDelete