Monday, August 1, 2022

Hindsight...

My Dear Hubby and I were reminiscing the other day about when we first started writing to each other. We even pulled up the emails and re-read them, laughing at our answers to each others questions. My, how much has changed...how much we have changed. Hard to believe that this October we will celebrate our sixteenth anniversary. It really doesn't seem that long, but looking back, so much has happened in those years. Lots of laughter and love. So many beautiful memories.

I don't think, though, that I'd like to go back to those days. Don't get me wrong: it's fun to remember the giddy feeling of new love, of being first married, of having my babies. I feel like now, age and maturity have helped open my eyes to things that I wish I would have differently in those days. Hindsight truly is 20/20.

What do you see when you look back at your life? Is there something that you wish you would have been taught when you were a teenager that would have helped prepare you for marriage, for managing a home, or for serving in a ministry?

I ask because I have an awesome opportunity this next school year to teach the high school girl's Bible class. The lessons for the year will be divided into two categories: spiritual and physical. The first semester we will be learning how to grow spiritually. We'll focus on developing a personal relationship with the Lord, sharing their salvation testimony with others, and learning about others in their class and church. The second semester we will spend on all kinds of etiquette.

Here's where I need your help: tell me at leat one thing you wish you would have known when you were dating/courting, newly married, or having your first baby. 

Of course you can write as many as you like. I'm not picky. In fact, I'll go first:

I wish I had known to just chill out. I put way too much pressure on myself about everything that sometimes I missed out on the joy of everything going on around me.

Ok...that was rather therapeutic. Thanks for listening.

Now it's your turn! Ready? Go!

Simply Seeking Advice,

3 comments:

  1. I wish I had understood the devastating consequences of rebellion against God and my parents. Obedience really is the very best way to know love and feel security and success in this life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had gotten saved earlier so I didn’t always feel like I’m learning at the same time as my kiddos! Relaxing and enjoying each moment (whether pleasant or challenging) more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had taken the time to truly relish the stage of life I was in at that moment. Every state has undesirable parts to it, but it also has precious, unique, and valuable things too. I would have wished my life away less and enjoyed the process more.

    ReplyDelete