Monday, August 8, 2022

Teaching...

These last couple of weeks I've been working on finishing a rather large project. The end is in sight and I am so ready to be done! Hopefully in the future I'll be able to share exactly what that was, but for now, I'm sprinting along, the largest part behind me with the finish line up ahead. Almost there!

Thank you so much to all of you who left comments here on the blog and on my facebook post with words of advice to the younger generation. I've compiled the following list from all your comments:

  • Learn to develop a relationship with the Lord through Bible reading and prayer
  • Memorize verse to quote during the ups and down of life
  • Pray sincerely and pointedly about everything 
  • Choose your friends wisely
  • Spend time with older women in the church and glean from their experiences
  • Build self-confidence in the right kind of skills
  • Accept changes in your "plans" with joy
  • Be willing to learn and grow no matter your age
  • Prepare for singlehood because God may not send you a mate right away
  • Enjoy every day life, no wishing it away
  • Trust God with every season of your life

Comments are still open HERE if you think of anything else. One of their projects this semester will be to interview a lady in the church about preparations for the future. Hope you don't mind if one of them comes to you.

As I've been preparing for this class and working on my other project, I spent some time stuyding the passage in Titus two about the aged women teaching the younger women ...to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed. (Titus 2:4-5) 

However, before the aged women can teach the younger women, they are given commands about their own behavior. The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things. (Titus 2:3) After all, how can we expect them to know how to act if we don't model the correct behavior ourselves? Actions do speak louder than words.

Needless to say, the Lord has continued to convict my heart about my own behavior. I have such a burden to reach out to the younger generation, to help them grow into beautiful, godly young ladies. And you are helping! Thank you so much!

Simply Being,

1 comment:

  1. The older I get the more I miss the “Keepers at home” phase when my children were younger. We were always do busy with church and school activities that the “at home” time was bedtime. I really enjoyed my kids. I wish I had spent more time at home instead of in the car with them. You don’t have to be so busy! Slow down. The rat race is voluntary. Don’t run in it. They grow up so fast! Your opportunity to model Christ in only 18 short years. Don’t waste it on things that aren’t eternal.

    ReplyDelete