Monday, September 19, 2022

Thankful...

Fall decorations have gone up, the scent of pumpkin spice lingers in the air...and for at least an hour during the day I set my thermostat below seventy just to mimic that cool, crisp, autumn air. Technichally it's not fall but hey, close enough.

So much has happened in the last few weeks that I'm finding it hard to wrap my mind around the fact that September is almost gone. We've had teacher in-service, the start of school, my daughters birthday, volleyball practices/games, and multiple church activities. How fast time flies when you're busy, busy, busy. 

I hate to say it but there are dangers of being too busy. It becomes easier to just go instead of to just be. Life turns complex when it should be simple.

Oh how I miss simply being...

So for today I'd like to start a new trend to break up all the craziness of running here and there. Usually the month of November is spent expressing how thankful we are for the abundant blessings around us. Instead of waiting for Thanksgiving to roll around, I'd like take a few moments to share five things that I'm so very grateful for. 

#1 -- The Security of my Salvation. I'm still amazed that God would love a sinner like me. When I took Him as my Savior, He not only made me His heir, He also gave me His Word full of sweet and precious promises that I can claim every single day. This allows me to face any trial in life with joy knowing that my sins are forgiven and my home is in Heaven. Even when I feel that I walk alone, my Heavenly Father has promised He will never leave me, nor forsake me. I am His and He is mine.

#2 -- The Love of a Godly Husband. There were times when I believed I was meant to be single for the rest of my life. But in His time, the Lord brought me the most wonderful man in answer to my prayers. Now after almost sixteen years of marriage, I am so thankful I waited for God's perfect will. 

#3 -- The Sound of My Children's Voices. I must admit that there are times when the squabbling and the jesting feel more like fingernails on a chalkboard. But hearing their voices raise the roof drift around the house is a constant reminder that God answered our prayers. 

Now if we could just conquer teenage attitude and drama I'd be most appreciative. 

#4 -- The Power of Answered Prayer. In a way this has already been mentioned. My Dear Hubby and all three of my children were direct answers to prayer. But there have been hundreds of prayers over my lifetime that my Lord has answered. So many that time and space will not permit me to name. Prayers for protection, for healing, for guidance, for provision. There were even times when I didn't even know how to pray or what to say. He knew and answered in the most amazing ways. 

 After the seriousness of the first four, I must prepare you for this totally random and frivolous number five...

#5 -- Friday Football Date Nights. For me football is synonymous with fall. There is nothing like spending Friday night with my Dear Hubby talking and laughing over a plate of Mexican food, and then heading to a stadium to watch some high school football. Doesn't have to be a specific school. In fact we don't even know any of the players...on either the team. Whichever side we sit on, that's the side we cheer for. But the time we spent together? Priceless.

Now it's your turn. What are you most thankful for today? Care to share a few in the comments below?

Why wait for November when we can enjoy a season of grattitude now!

 Simply Thankful,

3 comments:

  1. Great post! I’m thankful for MBC for “sticking with the stuff” and encouraging door to door knocking! Without it, I wouldn’t know the Lord. I am thankful for our Pastor and Pastor’s Wife. I’m thankful for my hubby and each child He has blessed us with! I’m thankful to know that His promises and mercies are new each morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! We are so so blessed!

      Delete
    2. I’m thankful for the tech that keeps me alive to enjoy my grands. God’s been so good to us! If I had lived 100 years ago, I would be in glory already. I’m thankful that Jesus is coming soon! No pacemakers or artificial hips in heaven!!! I won’t need these pesky reading glasses to gaze into my Savior’s eyes! Y’all I’m ready to go any minute!

      Delete