Thursday, July 19, 2018

The Cure for Being Uninspired...

A few days ago I was totally lacking in the inspiration department (You can catch up at Today's Headline). My husband, sensing the mental doldrums beginning to take their toll, sent me by myself (alone...no kids...Yay!) to pick up my online order at our local grocery store.

This may not seem like a big deal to you, but I was going sans kiddos. Win for me! They also serve the best cure for uninspiration...
Coffee! Double win! And it was free, so we'll add one more win! Win-WIn-WIN!

Now what to do about the carbs? I'm not going to lie. When I ordered our drinks online one time I found the nutritional info down near the bottom of my favorite drink.

Let's just say Ignorance WAS bliss!

Here's my favorite...
Soooo good! But then consider this little bit of information...
69 grams?!?!?!?! That's like three days of keto/low carb food in ONE drink!

I was a bit desperate to see if there were better options when I happened upon this concotion...
The Caffe Misto is super easy to personalize. Simply use sugar free vanilla syrup, heavy cream instead of milk, and Splenda for the sugar substitute (this tastes better with the Splenda than the Stevia...I've tried both) and this is what you end up with for a grande...
That's a 59 gram difference in carbs!!! And the crazy thing is after drinking this a few times, the White Chocolate Mocha was WAY too sweet for me.

Just think: with just a little tweeking I can have my Starbucks and drink it too!

For other tips on making your home coffee low-carb friendly, check out A Coffee Make Over!

Now on to today's "To Do" list...
Inspiringly Simple,

No comments:

Post a Comment